About CSIR NET
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts the Joint CSIR-UGC (JRF/NET) Exam, twice a year tentatively on Sunday around 20th of June and December (twice a year) for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers/Assistant Professors (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology namely:
1. Chemical Sciences
2. Life Sciences
3. Physical Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
FELLOWSHIP AND VALIDITY:
The candidates qualifying for CSIR-JRF or UGC-JRF are granted fellowship for 5 years to pursue research work. The Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) payable to the candidate is Rs.25000/- per month for first two years. After assessing the progress at the end of two years by a committee, the fellowship is increased to Rs. 28000/- pm for next three years and designated as Senior Research Fellowship (SRF). In addition, annual contingent grant of Rs. 20,000/- will be provided to the University/Institution. A candidate can join fellowship within two years after qualifying the CSIR-UGC (JRF/NET) Exam, however eligibility for the appointment of Lecturers/Assistant Professors (NET) remains for ever subject to fulfilling other conditions.
M.Sc. or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates. Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of online submission of application form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, Persons with disability (PwD) candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years. Candidates having Bachelor’s degree only shall not be eligible for Lectureship.
Specification of degrees (whether Bachelor’s or Master’s) as notified by the UGC in its Gazette Notification No. F. 5-1/2013 (CPP-II) dt. 5th July, 2014 and as amended from time to time, shall apply.
The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION
For JRF (NET): Maximum age for JRF (NET) is 28 years, whereas there is no age limit for LS (NET). Upper age limit for JRF (NET) may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability(PwD)/female applicants and 03 years in case of OBC (non creamy layer) applicants.
NOTIFICATION AND EXAM DATES:
Online Application forms are usually available in the month of March for June Exam. and in August-Sept. for Dec. Exam. Exam is held on Sunday around 20th of June/Dec. Subject wise schedule of examination whether morning or Evening session will be notified later on.
SCHEME OF THE TEST
The single paper MCQ based test is held, duration of the Exam is 3 hours and Maximum Marks are 200. If a question for any reason found wrong, the benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempt the question. No grievances/representation with regard to Answer Key(s) after declaration of result will be entertained.
QUESTION PAPER PATTERN:
The question paper shall be divided into three parts, (A, B & C) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam.
- Part ‘A’ shall be common to all subjects. Syllabus: General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
- Part ‘B’ shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part ‘C’ shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
- Negative marking for wrong answers shall be applicable as per scheme of Exam.
The test will be held at 27 Centres spread all over India, as specified below: Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jorhat, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
HOW TO APPLY:
Examination Fee: Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee, after verifying their eligibility, in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash through bank challan OR RTGS/NEFT through any bank (Bank account details are required to be filled in the Indian Bank challan form to be downloaded from online application system):
Category Wise Fee Details:
1. General Rs. 1000/-
2. Other Backward Classes (OBC)-Non Creamy Layer Rs. 500/-
3. SC/ST/ Persons with Disability (PwD) Rs. 250/-.
OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List (as available on National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC – Non Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates, shall be treated as General Category candidates for all purposes. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’.
CANDIDATE SEEKING FEE CONCESSION
The candidate should attach an attested copy of his/her category certificate as a proof of his/her claim. An application form (through online), claiming any concession in fee, age & educational qualification but without an attested copy of a valid SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PwD (40% or more disability certificate from a competent authority and in prescribed format), will be summarily rejected. OBC candidates, who are not covered vide the provision of Non Creamy Layer (NCL) as per the provisions of Govt. of India shall not be eligible to get the benefit of relaxation in age, fee concession etc. Candidate must note that for availing OBC category benefit CSIR follows only Central Govt. list and not the State Govt. lists. Similarly, candidate applying under PwD category may note that Govt. of India rules will be applicable in this regard, otherwise they shall not be eligible for any concession.
PROVISIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITY (INCLUDING VISUALLY CHALLENGED CANDIDATES) HAVING 40% OR MORE DISABILITY:
(i) Candidates with disabilities having 40% or more disability in upper limbs, visual impairment, low vision, cerebral palsy who have physical limitation to write with that of speed, if they request for scribe in their online application, will be provided the services of a scribe from our panel of scribes. The candidate is allowed to meet the scribe one or two days before the examination so as to verify whether the scribe is suitable or not, after getting confirmation from our respective Centre Coordinator.
(ii) Such candidate has the discretion of opting for his/her own scribe at his/her own cost. The candidate should send a written request for bringing his/her own scribe to the centre Coordinator.
(iii) PwD candidates will also be given compensatory time of 60 minutes in addition to the 3 hours duration of the Exam.
(iv) Visually challenged candidates will be provided Test Booklet in large font on request as per the medium of exam opted by the candidate in his/her online application.
APPLY ONLINE APPLICATION :
Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Proforma from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee (strictly as per their category) in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country. Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at CSIR, HRDG website CAREFULLY.
Candidates must write their name, father/mother’s name as written in their Matriculation (X Class Board) Certificate and should ensure that the same are matching with their educational qualification certificates and caste certificate except for married females who may submit relevant certificate regarding change of their name while filling their online application form. All Caste/PwD Certificates shall be strictly as per Govt. of India instructions. The validity of OBC certificates (Non-creamy layer) shall be governed as per Govt. of India instructions.
After filling the online application, candidates should preview their entire application form and make changes if required before final submission of online application. No change in the particulars entered in the application form will be possible after final submission of online application and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. In the event of candidate qualifying the JRF/LS NET exam, certificate will be issued strictly on the basis of information provided by the candidate in his/her online application form.
After successful submission of ONLINE Application, a Form Number will be generated. Preserve the Form Number for future reference and for downloading your e-Admit Card. Keep a print (hardcopy) of the duly filled-in application form for future use.
A candidate should not submit more than one application. If a candidate submits more than one application either for the same subject or for different subject, none of the applications of such candidate will be entertained.
NOTE: Candidates, after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach caste certificate, if applicable and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope superscribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to The Deputy Secretary (Exam), Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012. Online applications without hard copy or bank challan receipt or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. Candidates should note that successful submission of online application does not mean that they have been registered for this test.
Examination fee paid for a particular examination will neither be adjusted for any subsequent examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Candidates should also check all the columns of Bank Challan, online application, which are to be filled in properly to avoid cancellation of application. Please note that Fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
- While applying for this test, please ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures/guidelines for this test.
- While applying Online, apply early enough to avoid any last minute rush.
- Ensure that completed Hard Copy of Online application along with requisite enclosures must reach this office within stipulated last date for receipt.
- List of candidates registered for this test will be made available on website tentatively. The candidates must refer to CSIR website for checking their registration in time & for having updates from time to time.
- Facility for downloading e-Admit Cards to the registered candidates will be provided on website www.csirhrdg.res.in. No paper Admit Card will be sent by post. No duplicate e-admit card shall be issued to the candidates at the Exam Centre. CSIR will not be responsible for any delay on the part of the candidates.
- The Test Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidate opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form, will be supplied bilingual Test Booklet and Candidate opting for English medium will be supplied Test Booklet printed in English Version only. The candidate will be required to answer as per option exercised in the application Form.
- The actual number of questions in each Part and Section to be asked and attempted may vary from subject to subject.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or having completed 10+2+3 years of the required qualifying Exam may apply under Result Awaited (RA) category & submit attestation format as given in the application form.
- A candidate should not submit more than one application. If a candidate submits more than one application either for the same subject or for different subject, none of the applications of such candidate will be entertained
- Candidate should exercise due care in filling up the application form. In case of any error on the part of the candidate, he/she will be held solely responsible for any loss suffered by him/her. No change in the entries made in the original application form will be allowed under any circumstances at later stage.
- No column of the application form should be left blank. In case a column is not relevant, please fill “NA (Not Applicable)”. Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected.
- No candidates shall be permitted to leave the Exam Hall before the expiry of 3 Hours from the start of the exam.
- The candidates will be permitted to take their Test Booklet and also the carbonless duplicate copy of OMR sheet with them after the completion of the examination for their reference/record.
- The OMR Answer Sheets shall be distributed to the candidates 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam while the Test Booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam to enable the candidates to go through the instructions and correctly fill up the required particulars.
- No individual intimation by any mode will be sent to the candidates
- Hard copy of the online Application along with the enclosure(s) should be sent in their own envelope after superscribing the Subject Code, Centre Code, Medium Code & online generated application No. on top of the envelope.
- OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List (as available on NCBC website) and are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC Non Creamy Layer (NCL) shall be treated as a General Category candidates for all purposes and shall not be eligible to get the benefit of relaxation in age & fee concession etc. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’.
OTHER GENERAL INFORMATION:
- The candidates are advised to go through this notification and our future notification(s) including terms & conditions given/uploaded on our website for this test. The candidate must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for this test before applying for this test.
- Candidates must read the terms and conditions for CSIR /UGC Research Fellowships/LS on the respective websites.
- Candidate applying for this test will be required to deposit fee through Bank challan in any branch of Indian Bank and then apply using link available at CSIR, HRDG website. After successfully submitting the application, candidates are required to take a printout on A4 size paper, affix photograph at designated space & sign across it, get it endorsed by the HOD (for RA category only) and send it alongwith copy of Bank challan and other requisite enclosure(s) if any, by writing at the top of the envelope his/her Subject Code, Centre Code, Medium Code and online generated application number. Candidates may also deposit their fees though RTGS and NEFT by giving the particulars of the Indian Bank.
- A photocopy of both sides of the hard copy of the Online application form sent to Exam Unit must be retained by the candidate and the online generated application number must be preserved by the candidates to check his/her registration status from our website and also to download his/her e-admission certificate before the examination. Examination Unit will not entertain any request on this issue.
- Candidates must note that mode of payment of fee is through Bank challan from Indian Bank OR through RTGS/NEFT only. Fee submitted through any other mode viz.IPO/demand draft/money order/ CRF stamp etc will not be accepted. Incomplete application or application submitted in any other format will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Three identical copies of the passport size photographs which has been affixed on the Application Form may also be retained.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended by them in all the places viz. in their application form, Attendance Sheet etc. and in all the correspondence with the CSIR, should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
- Any change in address of correspondence should be promptly brought to the notice of Examination Unit within the prescribed period.
- The Center and date of the Test are liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates by the CSIR.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is strictly provisional till their joining. No candidate will be admitted to the Test unless he/she holds the e-Admit Card to the Test. The mere fact that an e-Admit Card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the Council has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates e-Admit Card particulars/photo and signature should tally with the actual candidate who is to appear in the exam, otherwise he/she shall not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The candidates declared successful will be required to submit a copy of their e-Admit Card, matriculation certificate as a proof of age, required degree certificate/mark sheet, proof of enrolment in integrated MS-Ph D. program to Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012 for verification etc. The result of the passed out candidates will be displayed on our website www.csirhrdg.res.in. No separate intimation letter will be issued to the successful candidates.
- Candidates may note that the verification of essential eligibility conditions of a candidate with reference to the documents as may be called for, will be taken up only by the Lecturer appointing/JRF awarding authorities after the candidate has qualified in the Test. The candidate should note that their candidature is strictly provisional till their joining.
- Candidates may please note that all communications to CSIR should invariably contain the following particulars, failing which no response is possible: (a) Name of the candidate (in full and in BLOCK LETTERS) (b) Date of Birth (c) Application Online No. (d) Subject (e) Medium of Exam (f) Centre for Examination
- Please note that no correspondence will be entertained for any matter for which last date has been expired.
- In all matters the decision of the CSIR as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Test or his/her subsequent qualifying in the Test shall be final.
- Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his / her candidature by any means may disqualify him/her for admission to the examination.
- A candidate who is found guilty of impersonation or of submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with or of making statements which are incorrect or false or of suppressing material information or otherwise resorting to any other irregular or improper means for obtaining admission to the examination, or of using or attempting to use unfair means or abscond with OMR Answer sheet/Test booklet unauthorisedly or of misbehavior in the examination hall, may, in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution (a) be debarred by the CSIR from this test and future tests also (b) will be liable to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules, if he/she is already in service under Government/Autonomous Bodies/UGC/CSIR.
- All disputes pertaining to the NET Examination shall fall within the jurisdiction of Delhi only.
- CSIR will not be responsible for any printing error in this Advertisement.